Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ride Home

As i sit in the car, the sky darkens as night approaches, and the city lights are turned on. I open the window and feel the cold wind slapping me in the face, but its nice. The evening sky is gone and has been replaced with a dark black. I gaze up at the stars as we go over the bridge. There is something special in the air tonight. The water below twinkles as it reflects the lights of the city. Its all so peaceful, everything is just covered in beauty. I have forgotten all my worries and thoughts. I just take in every moment and every sight. There are hardly any cars on the road, the ones that are don't seem to care about whats around them. They do not care about anything but them selves. But if they just looked around for once and saw what they were missing. The journey from town to the coast is my favourite, if you look to the west you can see the last glimpse of the sun in the red sky. But it sinks behind the outlined hills. The sky is fully black. The moon is a dinner plate in the sky lighting the way. Everything was perfect!

No comments: