Monday, May 5, 2008

My Story!

For English we are doing creative writting which i have always found really fun, well last lesson our teacher showed us a picture and told us to write about it.

It Cant Be!
This was my one chance, my one chance that would soon end in disaster, though I did not know that at the time. I am about to show the world how good I am, yet as I sit here looking at the jump I begin to feel nervous. This is my first time, and I had used every dime to get here, first prize $100,000 and you get a contract with the best BMX Company in the world. I’d be set for a lifetime. Yet if I lost, I would lose everything I have achieved in the past years and I will have no money. I realise that I’m up next, horror strikes me like a thousand pins going into my body. I stand up and go to fetch my bike. My heart pounds rapidly in my chest as I clamber onto the bike. I started to peddle, picking up speed. As I approached the ramp I snuck a sideways glance, and saw about 20 people watching me, I held there gaze big mistake. As I lifted off from the ramp my foot slipped on the peddle making me smack my head and lose my grip of the handles. I watched as I went soaring through the air, and my bike went plummeting to the ground. Suddenly the world was moving in slow motion, I could hear shouts from the crowd as I floated to the ground, all the while the same word going through my head ‘why’. I could see people running. ‘I have lost everything’ I thought ‘there is nothing left, no money, no jobs’. And then the world returned back to normal speed just as I hit the ground. The impact of my body hitting the ground is unbearable, I feel winded. I hear people rushing to my sides, calling my name. My body is throbbing; I am conscious but reluctant to move. Slowly I drift off into the blackness.

I awake to the sound of an alarm, thankfully it was just a dream I think to myself. Yet why am I still in pain, I sit up and realise, I’m no in my bed, I’m in hospital. I start to panic; everything’s a blur, my heart rate goes up there is beeping of the machine I’m plugged into. Nurses come to settle me, but I don’t cram down. They inject me with some kind of drug and I sink back into the blackness once more.


THE END

No comments: